Information Systems Specialist
- Type:Full Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$30.5350/hour
- Posted Date:06/30/2017
The Information Systems Specialist assists in coordinating networking, voice, and data communications for the Village to ensure the flow of information among all Village computers and staff members; provides technical guidance and support for problem solving related to network infrastructure and devices such as switches, routers, wireless access points, telecommunications, personal computers and applications provides management or oversight for simple to moderately complex projects.
HOURS AND SCHEDULE
Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. with on-call rotation
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Performs intermediate-level network support tasks and participates in the full range of support tasks on existing systems and the implementation of new systems.
• Diagnoses Operating System problems and provides Helpdesk support for Village software and hardware as well as individual training for end users.
• Installs, configures, and troubleshoots data communication devices, including hubs, wireless access points, wireless clients, switches, routers, and modems.
• Installs and configures new equipment including printers, personal computers and peripherals.
• Performs maintenance on network resources to include network printers, network servers and storage, PCs, directory structure, user rights, security and technical resources.
• Performs regular system enhancements and upgrades.
• Keeps informed of changes is system software and hardware as well as industry standards and trends through professional publications, seminars and continuing education.
• Insures compliance with established Village and Industry standards.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily. The required competencies listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required for successful job performance.
• Local Area Network (LAN), Wide Area Network (WAN).
• Windows Active Directory; user accounts and security groups.
• Various Operating Systems and protocols including but not limited to Cisco, Windows Server 2008/2012, Windows 7, and Linux Internet browsing.
• Cisco Switching, routing and V-Lan
• Microsoft Exchange messaging systems.
• Microsoft SQL Server
• Spelling, grammar, and arithmetic.
• Database design utilizing current database software packages including but not limited to Microsoft Access
• A working knowledge of Gigabit and Fast Ethernet networks to include cable and wiring standards.
• Multi task and maintain details.
• Work well under pressure.
• Work independently using initiative and creativity as well as collaborate in a team environment.
Starting rate of $30.5350/hour ($63,513 annually) or in accordance with promotional
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND COMPUTER SKILLS
• Associates degree (A.A.) from two-year college or technical school
• Minimum two years related experience
• A+ Certification AND
• Network + Certification OR CCNA
• Local Area Network (LAN), Wide Area Network (WAN)
• Valid Class D Illinois Driver’s License
For more detailed information please refer to the job description.
Submit a cover letter, resume and completed employment application to:
Village of Hoffman Estates
Human Resources Management
1900 Hassell Road
Hoffman Estates, IL 60169
e-mail to email@example.com
Because of the many submissions received, the Village is unable to contact all applicants. You will be contacted if you are chosen as an interview candidate for an open position
Ways to Apply
All positions require a pre-employment Village-paid drug screen.
All employees must be at least 18 years of age.
The Village of Hoffman Estates is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding employment.
The Village of Hoffman Estates offers rewarding employment opportunities in a wide variety of positions. Municipal government offers people the opportunity to serve the community as well as work in a professional and career fulfilling environment. Explore our employment opportunities often and consider working for a well-respected community.
The Village values employee diversity and offers an environment where shared goals, performance standards and a common vision of the future guide the efforts of every employee. Hiring, advancement and rewards depend solely on ability, performance and contribution to our organizational goals without regard to age, gender, race, ethnic origins, physical abilities, religious beliefs, sexual orientation or other perceived differences that do not relate to ability, performance and contribution at work.
The Village of Hoffman Estates Department of Human Resources Management accepts applications and resumes for all positions, except sworn police officers and firefighters, even when there are no current positions open for hiring.
Your application will be kept on file for six months and considered if a position becomes available that suits your qualifications. Because of the many submissions received, the Village is unable to contact all applicants. You will be contacted if you are chosen as an interview candidate for an open position.
Thank you for your interest in the Village of Hoffman Estates.