Software Support Specialist
- Type:Part Time
- Salary/Pay Rate:$27.2447/hr
- Posted Date:03/16/2017 9:00 AM
Posting Date: 03/16/2017
Closing Date: Until Filled
first review of applications: 3/30/17
HOURS AND SCHEDULE
24 hours per week
9:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m. Monday-Thursday preferred, but flexible
Works under the general supervision of the Director of Information Systems and in coordination with the as a member of the Business Systems and IS Technical Support team. Works with the Business Systems Analyst and other team members to identify and correct errors and discrepancies in SunGard Enterprise Resource Planning and GovQA Records Request Management software. Provides first line technical support for software-related issues. Performs a variety of technical and support activities ranging from routine to varied and complex. Actively works with the goal of continuously improving the accuracy and usefulness of our data stores. Works well independently and as a team member.
Responds to and interacts with residents, employees, and/or others within and outside the organization in a courteous, professional, and effective manner.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily. The required competencies listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required for successful job performance.
Working Knowledge Of:
• Experience with MS-SQL Required
• Experience with SunGard - Desirable
• Business English.
• Principals and procedures of customer service.
• Analytical troubleshooting skills
• Ability to multi-task, organize and manage projects and time
• Ability to work under pressure
• Ability to communicate professionally in person, by phone and email
• Ability to present information to groups of people and one-on-one training environments
• Ability to effectively communicate technical information in non-technical terms
• Ability to work independently and in a team environment
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Handles software-related requests for assistance (problems):
Analyze and troubleshoot issues reported by staff, provide solutions or escalate as necessary.
Tests (verify) proposed solutions prior to implementation.
• Actively researches SunGard data files for error and omissions and develops plans to make the necessary corrections.
• Follows plans developed within the IS Department to achieve the data assurance needed to meet the plans for eGOV implementations and GIS integration.
• Regularly meets to report on progress of projects in conjunction with the Business Systems Analyst.
• Collaborates in a team environment including but not limited to: participation in team and inter/intra departmental meetings and projects.
• Documents and tracks software support activities thoroughly, accurately, and in a timely manner.
• Conducts SunGard training, on-site training and one-on-one training as well as coaches and mentors all Village employees to promote the uses of the SunGard system.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND COMPUTER SKILLS
• Two or more years of college coursework in a related field.
• Minimum one to two years related experience
• Valid Class D Driver’s License Required
• Experience with MS-SQL Required
FOREIGN LANGUAGE SKILLS
Fluency in a foreign language is a plus.
For more detailed information please refer to the job description.
Submit a resume and a completed employment application to:
Village of Hoffman Estates
Human Resources Management
1900 Hassell Road
Hoffman Estates, IL 60169
e-mail to email@example.com
The Village of Hoffman Estates is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with all applicable Federal, State and local laws regarding employment.
Because of the many submissions received, the Village is unable to contact all applicants. You will be contacted if you are chosen as an interview candidate for an open position.
Ways to Apply
All positions require a pre-employment Village-paid drug screen.
All employees must be at least 18 years of age.
The Village of Hoffman Estates is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding employment.
The Village of Hoffman Estates offers rewarding employment opportunities in a wide variety of positions. Municipal government offers people the opportunity to serve the community as well as work in a professional and career fulfilling environment. Explore our employment opportunities often and consider working for a well-respected community.
The Village values employee diversity and offers an environment where shared goals, performance standards and a common vision of the future guide the efforts of every employee. Hiring, advancement and rewards depend solely on ability, performance and contribution to our organizational goals without regard to age, gender, race, ethnic origins, physical abilities, religious beliefs, sexual orientation or other perceived differences that do not relate to ability, performance and contribution at work.
The Village of Hoffman Estates Department of Human Resources Management accepts applications and resumes for all positions, except sworn police officers and firefighters, even when there are no current positions open for hiring.
Your application will be kept on file for six months and considered if a position becomes available that suits your qualifications. Because of the many submissions received, the Village is unable to contact all applicants. You will be contacted if you are chosen as an interview candidate for an open position.
Thank you for your interest in the Village of Hoffman Estates.