Public Works Summer Worker
- Type:Limited Term
- Salary/Pay Rate:$10.00/hour
- Posted Date:03/07/2017
$10.00 per hour
HOURS AND SCHEDULE
8 hour shift, 40 hours per week Monday-Friday between the hours of 6:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m. with
schedule subject to change and may include Saturdays and Sundays and the July 4th Holiday.
Provides general assistance to various maintenance crews during the summer months. Responds to and interacts with residents, employees and/or others within and outside the organization in a courteous, professional and effective manner. Participates in various operations both inside and outside of normal shift hours.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function satisfactorily. The required competencies listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required for successful job performance.
• Ability to lift or move up to 50 lbs on a frequent basis.
• Ability to lift or move 50 – 100 lbs on an occasional basis.
• Ability to work in high, precarious places or confined spaces on an occasional basis.
• Ability to operate equipment, such as a powered string line trimmer, branch chipper, chain saw, hand saw, pole saw, ladders, pick, pruners, brooms, painting equipment etc.
• Steel-toe safety shoes are required. (not provided by employer)
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
•Participates in turf maintenance operations at Village maintained sites, streets and cul-de-sacs including weed removal, string line trimming, debris pickup, etc.
• Assists Forestry crews with related activities, including tree trimming and tree removal, branch chipping, stump removal, site restoration and watering.
• Assists Traffic Operations crews with related activities, including sign fabrication, sign posting, pothole patching, street repairs and barricade maintenance.
• Performs vehicle and equipment maintenance, including washing, waxing, vacuuming, cleaning and lubricating.
• Performs miscellaneous tasks and assignments, including floor sweeping, window cleaning and site maintenance activities. Performs water meter readings, water meter installations, internal mail pickups and deliveries, July 4th celebration related assignments and site debris cleanup.
• Performs miscellaneous tasks and assignments, including painting, blacktop sealing, fence staining as well as minor repairs to lift stations and pump stations.
• Operates and properly maintains all tools and equipment needed to perform the essential job functions and responsibilities listed above while adhering to all safety rules and practices.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND COMPUTER SKILLS
All employees must be at least 18 years of age.
High school diploma or general education degree required.
FOREIGN LANGUAGE SKILLS Fluency in a foreign language is a plus.
For more detailed information please refer to the job description.
Submit a resume and/or a completed Employment application to:
Village of Hoffman Estates
Human Resources Management
1900 Hassell Road
Hoffman Estates, IL 60169
e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
All positions require a pre-employment Village-paid
background investigation and drug screen.
The Village of Hoffman Estates is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with all applicable Federal, State and local laws regarding employment.
Because of the many submissions received, the Village is unable to contact all applicants.
You will be contacted if you are chosen as an interview candidate for an open position.
Ways to Apply
All positions require a pre-employment Village-paid drug screen.
All employees must be at least 18 years of age.
The Village of Hoffman Estates is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws regarding employment.
The Village of Hoffman Estates offers rewarding employment opportunities in a wide variety of positions. Municipal government offers people the opportunity to serve the community as well as work in a professional and career fulfilling environment. Explore our employment opportunities often and consider working for a well-respected community.
The Village values employee diversity and offers an environment where shared goals, performance standards and a common vision of the future guide the efforts of every employee. Hiring, advancement and rewards depend solely on ability, performance and contribution to our organizational goals without regard to age, gender, race, ethnic origins, physical abilities, religious beliefs, sexual orientation or other perceived differences that do not relate to ability, performance and contribution at work.
The Village of Hoffman Estates Department of Human Resources Management accepts applications and resumes for all positions, except sworn police officers and firefighters, even when there are no current positions open for hiring.
Your application will be kept on file for six months and considered if a position becomes available that suits your qualifications. Because of the many submissions received, the Village is unable to contact all applicants. You will be contacted if you are chosen as an interview candidate for an open position.
Thank you for your interest in the Village of Hoffman Estates.